Wednesday, March 30, 2005
three's company
yep, it has finally happened! denis left yesterday morning for california and now the house is quiet, just the three of us; me and the two dogs! i have started to call them jack and chrissy.

the last three days or so were very hard. denis told me this weekend that he would be "leaving for cali this week" and then monday afternoon he called me on my cell to say that he would be leaving tuesday. imagine a man who is 61 years old, ups and quits his job, moves to california to live with his mom all because i finally had the balls to put the house up for sale and tell him that i wanted to live on my own. everything happened so fast that i felt like dorothy in the wizard of oz!

anyway, on to the bright side of things...i actually went to work yesterday for all of about two hours or so and then went home to begin my new life. i started by cleaning out part of the garage, doing laundry and just throwing shit out!

kathryn left work at noon and came and took me out to lunch and proceeded to spend the entire day with me. i have always known that she loves me and worries about me but she was really something yesterday. all mothers should be as blessed as i am. kath had me laughing and joking, she even made fun of my junk drawer and then proceeded to clean it out for me! so what that we managed to fill up 3 1/2 trash cans, it felt great.

so here i sit in my office this morning, a totally free and single woman. i'm gonna do great!
posted by DeDe @ 8:55 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    yes you are. ;)

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am also here for you if you need your other daughter, mom! I think are an amazing woman... YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO!
    Lisa

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger DeDe said…

    thanks for your votes of confidence, i love you both!

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    and so it begins...............

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates