Friday, March 25, 2005
ok, it's official
this entire week has been a whirlwind, trying to work knowing that my house was being shown and complete strangers are peeking in my cupboards and closets, knowing that i had found my dream home (http://www.geekjive.com/mom/house/) and worrying about how much my mortgage might end up being.

on tuesday night kathryn and i met up at the kb home studio so that i could go through and pick out all of the wonderful things that quickly add up to a small fortune! i thought that i would end up with about $30,000 in "upgrades", well i was very close, i only missed it by about $125.00. does that make me a good shopper or what?

yesterday was a day filled with excitement and nervousness, it was the day that i was to sign a purchase agreement for my new house. my appointment was at 2:00, i got there a few minutes early so that i could go through the model one more time. my biggest worry now was where to put a doggie door! no problem, it can be installed in the livingroom as long as i don't get too big of a couch.

so into the sales office i ran, hopped and skipped! i signed so many papers that i think i may have even given away kathryn's first born child! sorry sweetheart. i got to meet the superintendent, tom. what a hunk! must be all of those drills, hammers, etc. a meeting was set up for next tuesday morning so that tom and i could do my "pre-construction" walk. this means that he will take me to my lot (#205) so that i can see my dirt! he will also be going over some of the electrical and plumbing plans with me. i should have a slab in about 2 weeks and hopefully the house will be ready in about 5 months.

it seems so strange that kathryn and i are both waiting for new houses to be built and we should both be moving in within a month or so of each other. single women...what can i say...we just love to shop!
posted by DeDe @ 8:27 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    i am so excited for you and so very proud of you.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger DeDe said…

    thanks for the vote of confidence!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates