Friday, July 22, 2005
worst friday
you know your day is going to be crappy when it's friday and you need to start off your day in a meeting with your regional director. it's even worse when you find out that you have to be at flamingo and swenson (clear across town) at 8:30am. well the meeting went pretty quickly and i was in my office around 10 only to find a notification from my home office that there is a death claim pending on one of my client's kids. i have been trying to contact this particular client for about 1 1/2 weeks. today i learn that his son died three days before his 20th birthday. all i could do was sit at my desk and cry.

i immediately again tried the telephone number that i have on file for the client so that i could give my condolences; no answer and no listing in the phone book for him or any of his family members. i called my home office only to find that they were notified of the death by the funeral home. i called the funeral home who, because of privacy laws, could only tell me that "services are pending at this time". i did get them to agree to take down my name and phone number and pass it on to the family.

i met this client about three years ago when he called me for life insurance quotes for his kids, he told me than that he was disabled but wanted to make sure that if anything ever happen that his children would get decent burials. the only thing i could say to him at the time was that he was a great father and i wrote the policies he asked for.

as i sit here at my desk crying again, i only wish that more parents would take the time to worry about the future.
posted by DeDe @ 1:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates