Monday, May 09, 2005
WOW what a GREAT day!!!!
kathryn never ceases to amaze me. a few days ago she called me to tell me to be ready by 10:45 sunday morning (mother's day)as she would be picking me up for brunch. well, at 10:30 she shows up with a beautiful potted purple calililly and a funny card. she proceeds to lead me out to the car and drive me down to the fashion show mall where she had made reservations at cafe ba-ba-reeba. this spanish restaurant was a first for me and one that i will not soon forget. the tapas ordered included dates wrapped in bacon which were so sweet and delicious, an apple salad and mushrooms stuffed with spinach which were to die for. as if all of this wasn't enough, we also enjoyed their chicken paella with artichokes. to top off all of that we ordered two desserts which were absolutely heavenly. by the way, did i mention that kathryn was responsible for getting me a little tipsy? we went through 1/2 pitcher of the best sangria (peach) i have ever had!

after stuffing ourselves like there was no tomorrow, we hopped in the car and went to see our new homes. i am now the proud owner of some very sexy 2x4s! yep, my house is completely framed, what a thrill to walk through and know that this will be my new home in just a few short months. after marveling at the timber, we proceeded to kath's new house which has been completely drywalled and really looked like a house.

thank you honey for a WONDERFUL day , i love you.
posted by DeDe @ 8:43 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    yeah that sangria really puched a sock!

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger DeDe said…

    you must mean punched a sock

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said…

    well that makes my mothers day look really bad...i bought one bouquet of flowers and broke them up four ways, three to my mom, four to my gramma, four to my step mom and one to my other grammas grave. i got cards for them all (except my dead gramma) and i told my mom the stuff i got her from pampered chef was her moms day gift...but i told her that when she ordered it too....man kat...good thing im not your sister, i would have a lot to live up to! haha

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates