Thursday, January 27, 2005
I know it's been a while
In my line of business the internet is a must. I depend on my DSL so that I can download reports from my home office every morning, run quotes on different types of policies for my clients and people they refer to my office, upload new policies written to my home office every night. With the DSL being down for 2 1/2 days I was rendered totally helpless, all I could do was promise folks to call them back just as soon as my "life link" was up and running again. Finally the DSL line was working again yesterday and I had about 5 hours to catch up on 2 1/2 days worth of work. I got it done but it wasn't easy!

How did we ever manage before the days of computers, the internet, cell phones? All forms were completed by hand in ink, we went to stores to do our shopping, and we waited until we got home from work in the evening to make all of our phone calls. In essence, we worked 8 hours a day!

Thank God for the computer age.
posted by DeDe @ 9:30 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    i'd rather be physically immobile than lose internet mobility. wow how sad is that?!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates