Thursday, March 09, 2006
i couldn't believe my ears
late yesterday afternoon i went for an eye exam. my last exam and new pair of glasses happened on june 3rd of last year, but as you get older (and with my diabetes) your eyes can change rapidly. i have noticed lately that there are a lot of things that i just cannot see with my current glasses no matter how close or far.

so i sit down in the exam chair and the doctor says, "how come you are back when you were just here in june"? and i respond that, "i have just been diagnosed with diabetes and my glasses just don't seen to be working the way that they should". the doctor then asks what my blood sugars have been running and i explain that i have only been on meds for a couple of weeks and that every time i test my sugar level is in a different spot. at this point he says, "i can do the exam now but within a couple of weeks you won't be able to see, let's wait a couple of weeks and let your sugars level out a bit and then do the exam". NO CHARGE! my god, there is an honest doctor in the world and i found him!
posted by DeDe @ 12:20 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates