Tuesday, November 15, 2005
securities license, is it worth it?
being a licensed insurance agent i also have a license to sell certain security products. now having this license means that i can offer my clients things like mutual funds, ira's, variable universal life insurance policies. it also means that if i ever do just one thing wrong i could land my ass in prison.

in order to help me stay out of prison, the company that i represent has management inspect my files every six months and someone from the home office comes out every two years to do the same. i am also subject to state officials just walking in to perform an inspection with absolutely no notice.

my management team came out yesterday to perform their six month inspection of my files. they were in and out in about 1 1/2 hours (thank god) since i constantly maintain/update all of my files. i knew that there would not be any problem but i was still nervous and i lost 1 1/2 hours of work time out of a busy monday after a three day weekend!

all in all, yes it is worth all of the hassle to have a securities license because i can offer my clients more.
posted by DeDe @ 8:12 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates