Monday, April 17, 2006
i wuv the easter bunny
so yesterday afternoon was spent with my girlfriend mel, her husband, his mother and their three adorable kids. i walk into the house only to be greeted by five year old christina who couldn't wait to tell me about all of the stuff in the easter basket including each and every piece of grass! she then takes me off to the kitchen where "mommy is cooking dinner" so that she can show me all of the stuff from her basket including all of the grass! mel and christina then handed me an easter basket that the easter bunny had left just for me. i hadn't gotten an easter basket in about 40 years, let alone one filled with "good smelling stuff" because as christina told me, "aunt dede, the easter bunny knows that you are a girl just like me". not long after "nana" arrived, we all sat down to a dinner of pot roast with all of the trimmings, said a blessing and began to feast. it was a wonderful day that made me realize just how much i miss kathryn being a llittle girl, thankfully christina filled in.
posted by DeDe @ 2:51 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    gee, i'm sorry but i don't miss it! once you get your mother's day gift you'll be glad i grew up and got a job so i could afford it. LOL

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger DeDe said…

    you never cease to surprise or amaze me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates