Thursday, October 20, 2005
sad
you know how every once in a while you meet someone who you just take a genuine liking to? well, i have a few client's like that. i just got off of the phone with one of their spouses, our conversation was like this:

me: good afternoon, american national, this is dede
pat: hi dede, this is pat
me: hey pat, how are you
pat: not so good
me: what's wrong
pat: i guess i forgot ta call you, otis died
me: sob

let me explain. otis was a man that some women would have called a "dirty old man" or "an old geezer". otis and i had an understanding; he liked me and i liked him. when otis called my office he would call me sweetheart or darlin and if i called his home, his wife pat would yell for him to come to the phone and talk to his girlfriend. now otis was 72 years old, looked much older, and had a heart of gold. otis had some kind of lung disease for years due his work as a young man, loved life and his family, hated his oxygen tank as much as he liked me. rest in peace otis, i'll miss you.
posted by DeDe @ 2:32 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    sorry mom. i know how much you liked him.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates