Monday, February 18, 2008
the squeeky wheel gets...
there is a very old saying that the squeeky wheel gets the grease, but in todays world it gets the gift certificate. let me explain. saturday morning i went to my local albertsons to do a bit of shopping and when i could not locate the pork chops that were on sale i asked one of the young butchers for help, after he unsuccessfully tried to sell me something else (pork changing colors to a beautiful green) he went and got another butcher who got VERY rude with me. i paid for what was in my cart and that night found that the brand new salad dressing that i had just bought that morning had a "best by" date of august 2007 on it. i promptly threw it out and sat down to write out an e-mail to the albertsons corporate office. the corporate office is sending me a gift card ($ unknown) and i got a call from the store manager tonight saying that she and another employee had gone through all of the salad dressings and tossed what was necessary and that there was someone in from corporate going through the meat case. the butchers are under review. there is a $25 gift card waiting for me at the store and i can have "any bottle of salad dressing no matter what the brand" on the store. this is the third time in about a year that they have chocked up a gift card for me, i wonder if they have finally learned.
posted by DeDe @ 6:28 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I wish I could get free stuff too! I'm uber jealous! I wonder if the same theory could work at a bank......hmmmm...
    Love,
    Mel

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger DeDe said…

    ah yes the bank, except that i don't look good in clark county orange!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Proud mother of one fabulous daughter, proud owner of one really cute dog, old enough to know better, young enough to not care, hopeless romantic.

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates